The Secret Librarians invite you to participate in our discussions, debates, and laughter about books. However in order to keep our site looking smooth and organized there are a few tricks to the trade for you to learn.
- If you simply want to comment on a post, click reply or scroll to the bottom and type. This works pretty much like our class discussion forums.
- If you want to publish your own post for people to comment on you must:
- Be a member of WordPress and of The Secret Librarian Book Club blog*.
- In the top left corner of the page, hover over our blogs name and click New > Post.
- Type your post, be sure it has a title.
- Before you hit publish on the Right hand site you must click the category name for which page you want your post to be filed.
For example: Person A and Person B both are writing posts. Person A wants everyone to know about a book she just finished and Person B just found a funny picture to share. If no category is selected they will go into the jumbled archives** and be difficult to find. But if A selects “Books We’ve Read” and B “Off Topic” then each post will be found under their respective heading at the top of our site.
Yes it’s one more step, but at the same time its only ONE extra step to keeping our club organized.
*If you are not a member of this blog, or the above steps do not allow you to post, please contact one of the administrators with your Name and E-mail address associated with WordPress and we will be sure you are awarded the proper “Author” rights.
**Note: Un-categorized posts currently will only be found by looking in the archives found on the right hand side of the screen. There is currently no page in the top links that will display a post with no category attached. If it appears your post is missing, please search the archives and select the proper category for your post. If no category seems appropriate please Contact Us and we will see what we can do.